If you are dairy free, then you are in for a real treat!
This is such an easy dairy free recipe! It is also packed with some super foods, protein and oats! I am not here to make any claims about chia seeds and oatmeal being some magic milk maker for a nursing mama…but I don’t think your milk will be mad at this recipe 😉 Ok! I am not all about the life where you get this long winded blog post just to scroll and scroll to get to the recipe, so let’s dig in!
Strawberry Overnight Oats Ingredients:
- ½ cup of oatmeal (steel cut or rolled are fine. Sub gluten free if needed)
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- ½ cup of almond milk (feel free to use any type of milk or milk substitute)
- ½ cup or one 5 oz container of Kite Hill Vanilla Yogurt (or literally whatever yogurt makes you happy)
- 1 tbsp of honey (totally optional. I just like a little extra sweetener)
- ¼ – ½ cup of frozen strawberries or mixed berries
Put all ingredients EXCEPT the frozen berries into a medium sized mason jar. Mix it up! Top with frozen strawberries, put lid on and leave in fridge at least 4 hours but preferably overnight.
While ANY fresh berries will work, there is something extra magical about the thawing of frozen fruit and the sweet syrup it creates!
Open, stir and enjoy!